Thursday, March 25, 2010

March Pass

Hi all,
Here is the spread I did in Penny's interesting women book. A shrine of Frida, with a thread of purple. I used gel bead medium to cover the wings on the left page. I then outlined in gold stickles. I used a handmade paper for the inside of the doors - to reinforce and for durability. I used super tacky tape to make the blue lines on the doors and put embossing powder over to give it a leathery look. The piece under the Frida oval on the left page is also done this way to make it look like an old piece of leather, but I used brown embossing powder.
The Frida oval is made from chip board and painted. I used gold stickles to make dots around the oval for dimension.
Enjoy,
Leann





5 comments:

  1. Wow!

    That is so cool! I haven't worked with many different types of mediums before....but sticky tape and embossing powder?! I have that stuff here now....and what a neat way to use it!

    This Frida Piece is just gorgeous!

    Thanks so much for sharing (and giving me a new thing to try :)

    All my Best,
    Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Frida and what ou've done with her is just so different from other things I've seen. Thank you for the kind comments on my blog. I will definitely be spending a good portion of my day here looking at your gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This shrine is amazing...it has a very strong voice. Gorgeous work. I look forward to seeing more

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to contact Shelia J who left a comment on my blog this morning regarding a possible situation in the Soul Journaling group...I can't locate what Shelia referenced and was hoping she could contact me with more info in case I missed it! Thanks so much...
    Michelle Remy from Lost Coast Post

    ReplyDelete